Darebin Women’s Sports Club is committed to ensuring that every person, including children and young people, participates in sport free of abuse, harassment, bullying or any other form of inappropriate conduct.
- We promote a safe, inclusive, and friendly environment for all children and young people.
- We welcome all children, young people, and their families to the Club.
- We have zero tolerance to mistreatment and abuse of children and young people
- We are committed to providing environments where our players are safe and feel safe, where their participation is valued, their views respected, and their voices are heard..
- We promote positive relationships between young players and their coaches/team managers and between young players and their teammates. These relationships are based on trust and respect.
- We take proactive steps to identify and manage any risk of harm to children in our Club environment.
- When child safety concerns are raised or identified, we treat these seriously and respond promptly and thoroughly.
The Club has a Child Safeguarding Officer who can be contacted with any enquiry or concern: [email protected]
We also work within the Safeguarding policies and procedures of each sporting code (AFL, Cricket, Soccer), which you can read below:
- Australian Cricket’s Child Safe Declaration
- AFL Child Safeguarding Policies https://www.afl.com.au/policies
- Football Australia’s Safeguarding Policy https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/member-protection/safeguarding